About Dawn Reynolds-Smith
covid 19 – I am now seeing clients face to face
EMDR and Hypnotherapy
So you want to know about Dawn (me) . I am not used to talking about me, but here goes. I came to become a Hypnotherapist after working in the NHS for 20 years. Even though I loved my job, I became very stressed. Consequently I sought treatment; and after a while I discovered Hypnotherapy and Mindfulness. Because I found Hypnotherapy so amazing and life changing, I decided to look into this further. Several weeks later I left my job trained to become a Clinical Hypnotherapist. I have never looked back. Some years after I added EMDR and Mindfulness to my skills. This was because so many of my clients had complex PTSD and I wanted to help them.
REASONS TO SEE ME:
You can be sure of a confidential and professional service. This is due to my previous work in the NHS. I also have an understanding of medical conditions. Some hypnotherapists may have worked in unrelated areas. This means they may not pick up on important symptoms. I believe this helps me give client’s the best treatment.
About my experience and attributes:
- Alder Hey recommended therapist.
- Member of The British Psychological Society.
- I work for Staff Absence Solutions (SAS). Treating traumatised police officers.
- Trained in Solution Focused Approach
- DBS checked and insured
- General Hypnotherapy Register. Part of the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council. see listing Here
- IBS Therapists Register. see listing Here
- Featured on Wire FM morning show on the 25th October 2013
- Appeared on German RTL television. See addictions page for more details
- Appeared in the SUN newspaper on 21/10/13
- http://www.the sun.co.uk/sol/ homepage/woman/5212932/mum-hypnotised-to-think-she-had-gastric-band-and-lost-stone.html
- I have written an on line blog for the Warrington Guardian
- Talks for Sure Start on Hypnotherapy and Birth
- Speaker at North West Educational Psychologists CPD Conference
- Trainer and Mentor to hypnotherapists
- Worked for local charities
- Published Article on CVS
- Published Article on FND